December 3, 2010

Day 2 of the Reverb10 project

December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

I think the biggest thing that holds me back from writing/journaling is , well, me. Most of the time I have so many colliding emotions and ideas that I can't seem to figure out how to get them out. I am constantly critiquing the words as they appear - "no, that's not it", "that sounds dumb", "that doesn't explain it all", "it's more complicated than that", etc. In the past I have just given up and kept my thoughts and feelings to myself. But I am working on LETTING IT FLOW and trying not to worry if it's perfect. I know that when I come back to my words in the future, it will be enough. And that is what REALLY MATTERS.

365 Photo Project

I can't believe I only have one month left of photos for the year! I am really proud of myself for sticking with this project this year. Here are the pictures from this past week.



11/23 - Updated self-portrait
11/24 - Roland's Wish List


11/25 - Singing before enjoying our Thanksgiving Dinner


11/26 - We put up our decorations the day after Thanksgiving


11/27 - Flowers that Joy and Angela brought for dinner


11/28 - Books I am reading right now


11/29 - I have been sick with a terrible cold all week - thankful for Hot Tea, Honey and Puffs Plus


11/30 - Loading the advent calendar


12/1 - 1st Advent Activity
Our family has an advent box that we use each year. Each day is filled with a different activity and a piece of chocolate for each of the boys. Our activity for the 1st day of advent was to make a paper chain with 25 days. We hung our chain from the dining room chandelier and the boys are enjoying tearing off a ring each day. My mother in law made one of these for Hayden's last birthday and it really helped him to visually understand the passage of time.  




No comments:

Post a Comment