September 6, 2012

Gypsies Reunited



Last weekend Che and I celebrated our one year anniversary. I flew from Chicago into OKC where my guy was waiting to whisk me away to the Poison/Def Leppard/Lita Ford concert. It was such a great welcome home! It was hot but so fun to get back to my 80s roots again. Loved the mixture of peeps too.. on one side a 40 something mom rocking with her teenage daughters and to my left a 15 year old girl smitten with these aging rock stars.
Fun times indeed!!

Saturday we decided to take the long way home. We found a little diner for brunch in Guthrie and then stopped to shoot at the different places along the way that caught our eye. 

We found some interesting spots near downtown Guthrie and Che took me to an old abandoned house that he had stopped at the day before. I had a not so fun experience with a spirit trapped on the property and had to take a few minutes to get grounded again. 








Further up the road, near Perry I think, we found another little abandoned house on the side of the road. The trees were incredible and I spent a little time curled up in the branches of one of them. Again I don't quite understand why I love these places so much, but I do and this one was a definite treat.







More things spotted here and there..
an angel at a cemetery and a tanker abandoned on the side of the road. 





Pawnee had a few fun things to shoot as well. I loved the font on the "dream catcher inn" sign and thought it would be really cool to stay at this place someday... just for the heck of it. And poppy fell in love with the little guy in the window below. She hopped out of the car and had to have a picture with him. Silly girl.



We decided to take a little hike down to the Cimmarron river where we spent our first
outdoor date. We took a new route on the other side since neither one of us
had the right shoes for the other trek. It was a long path and a hot day, but I always enjoy these walks. Feels like we could talk (or not talk) for hours. Just being together is enough
and I love him more and more each time.








No comments:

Post a Comment