September 4, 2012

Chicago through my lens






Finally had time to process the images from Chicago and process the experience as well. It was definitely a growth opportunity and overall a really nice and relaxing week. The class I took (which was the reason for the trip) was super informative and gave me a ton of information I can bring back to the office. It was a nice surprise that the instructor was also a photog and he even showed me a few spots to shoot on one of our lunch breaks. I realized somewhere along the way that Poppy is really my gypsy spirit. She longs to wander the streets in search of fun and adventure and needs guidance and safety from me. We found a healthy mix and enjoyed ourselves very much. From yummy new foods to runs along the lake, we got to enjoy some experiences that are hard to find in Tulsa. I absolutely love the architecture of downtown as well. It is full of contrast, old beside new, small and tall, bright colors next to glass buildings and hard rusted steel enshrouded in trees. I love how it all creates a reckless hodgepodge that reminds me very much of us as people. We are not simple. We are strange mixtures of experiences and beliefs thrown together to form this idea of self. Maybe that's all a bit deep, but it's how I experienced it. I hope I get to go again and explore more of the suburbs (and of course abandoned spots) next time, but I was definitely ready to come home and be near the ones I love. Thank you poppy for a great adventure.





















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment