July 1, 2014

Samprada

“And so he told me his secret formula for happiness. Part one of the two part plan was that I should just get on with ordinary life, living it day by day, like anyone else. But then came part two of Dad's plan. He told me to live every day again almost exactly the same. The first time with all the tensions and worries that stop us noticing how sweet the world can be, BUT THE SECOND TIME NOTICING. And in the end I think I've learned the final lesson from my travels in time; and I've even gone one step further than my father did: The truth is I now don't travel back at all, not even for the day, I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately come back to this one day, to enjoy it, as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life."

 About Time

 

Last night we watched About Time. Such a great movie. I love time travel stories. Mix it with the search for joy and  love and I’m in.

This morning I remembered writing “Make time to Play” in my day planner a few months ago and how foreign a concept that was. I remember the struggle as week after week I would see that “goal” come and go and feel frustrated that I was missing the point.

This movie so beautifully portrayed what I had been missing. The joy is in surrender. Finding peace with what has been, what is and what is to come. Looking each other in the eye (especially on hard days) and celebrating the life force that flows in our bodies.

I have a dear friend who is deep in struggle. Today as she shared her grief with me I stopped and hugged her. I think it’s the first time we’ve ever really hugged. I could tell it startled her but then she relaxed and let that love in. I am thankful for the reminder to let go of the every day patterns and follow my heart.

I feel a little extra spring in my step today; an awakened boldness and joy. Thank you inspiration for finding your way to me once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment