July 3, 2014

Blessings



"beware of looking for goals: look for a way of life. Decide how you want to live and then see what you can do to make a living WITHIN that way of life." Hunter S. Thompson

This morning I experienced a moment so kind and gentle in my kitchen. A deep sadness had swelled in my chest. Tears began to form in my lower lids and I had no idea why. 

A deep breath and a new choice. Instead of digging for the reason or berating myself, I spoke the truth to Che and allowed myself to cry.

He held me gently and said I love you.

A few moments later Timmy came in to say good morning and get breakfast. His beautiful spirit shining like always. He looked at Che and said "I love you" and they shared a hug. He then looked at me and said " and I love you, my stepmom" (a new fascination for his vocabulary) 

My heart swelled and I gave him a hug. He gently touched my hair and said again "I love you, my stepmom".

These moments are common in our home. Timmy has a way of bringing us all back to the things that really matter in life. 

In all of my striving and desiring to live a beautiful life, I realize I am already living one. Yes I have dreams of changing my work into my passion. But savoring moments like this morning, gives me strength to take that journey. 

Thank you Che and Timmy for loving me so fiercely and making my life so sweet. 

I love you both, madly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment