May 23, 2014

Transcending Her

"I think anybody who falls in love is a freak. It's a crazy thing to do. It's kind of like a form of socially acceptable insanity." Her

Finally got the chance to watch Her last night with Che.

And like transcendence, it tickled that philosophical part of my brain.

It raises questions about our future interactions with technology and the definitions of consciousness and humanity.

Che and I have this theory that many of these movies are really test markets to see how society reacts to new technological possibilities. This movie is full of those.

I love a movie that makes me think, but totally engulfs me at the same time. It has been refreshing to enjoy these two.

My overall judgement of a movie comes from how I feel after watching it (hello cancer nature). And both of these movies left me feeling hopeful, lighter and grateful for the connections in my life.

I say yes to that and recommend watching them for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment