May 29, 2014

Poppy's Playhouse




Remember when I talked about that big project I’m birthing into my life?

Well it’s time to spill the beans on what I’ve been up to.

A while back I had an aha inspirational moment.

Walking through a local antique and craft market, I thought “I could do that” as I gazed at some cool handmade jewelry made from old spoons and forks.

I have had this thought many times as I browsed pinterest or stood in awe at an art gallery.

But this time it stuck with me in a new way.

I realized that many people feel this way and have a longing to make stuff just like I do.

And when I put that together with my deep deep longing for connection, a small business idea was born.

A community “I can make that too” party center and event biz

I have seen this idea played out at places like Pinot’s Palette or Purple Glaze.

But my experience with those type of venues was honestly lacking in creativity.

I do not want to create what everyone else is creating.

Yes I want to be inspired by others, but I want to add my unique touch and flair to my creations.

I think other people feel the same way.

So I’m creating a space for people to come together to make stuff and play.

Creativity + Community

Yes!

And the best part is that this totally lines up with my skill set

Organized, budget conscious, creative, make it happen attitude and a loving heart that embraces strangers with open arms

I CAN’T WAIT

Seriously

It has been a LOT of work getting everything set up and going

And I’m choosing to start slow so that I can keep the rest of my life in balance and actually enjoy the process

Soon I will have a website with all of the info and events, but for now I am using facebook as the hub for parties.

Patience Angie Patience

The inner demons are having fun now that the first event is nearing (one week away!!!)

The new skill set I have learned over this past year of staying curious when emotions and panic rise is really helping.

My support system has been amazing too. Close friends, family and Che have encouraged me to go for this. Their support has meant so much, especially on those hard days of failed experiments and “who do I think I am to do this” thoughts.

I have big hopes for this project but I’m also not holding on too tight to the outcome.

It is a big experiment that I am ready to face with conscious commitment and joy

Wish me luck and I hope to see your smiling face at Poppy’s a Playhouse soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment