October 22, 2012

An afternoon in the park


Spent a little time exploring Haikey Creek park yesterday afternoon. A gorgeous day that called to me and I couldn't say no. Our skin soaked up the last of the warm sun as we played soccer on the fading green grass. I can feel the shift in weather coming. Part of me is sad, will miss the sun's warmth on my skin. But like all things, the cycle of life continues and the beauty of the fall leaves makes me gasp. Thank goodness Roland and I were able to talk Hayden into exploring the woods a little to take in the beautiful views. I learned a new trick for getting Hay on board for our treks through nature. He simply needs a mission. This day the mission was to gather red and yellow leaves (and of course to search for robots, but that's always a given). But that's all it took for him to let go and enjoy his surroundings. Hopefully it will work again next time too.






No comments:

Post a Comment