August 23, 2012

One

It’s funny how life can change in an instant… how small decisions
often lead to new paths in life. It was a year ago today that I sent a
random “hey, how’s it going?” to a cute guy on OKcupid. Within a few
exchanges it was clear he was different than the others. We took our
time getting to know each other, a slow start that created a strong
foundation for what has been the healthiest relationship of my life.

I look back at the girl I was when I met him and don’t even recognize
myself. Physically, emotionally, spiritually I am different. And he
has gently walked alongside me through it all… the self-doubt, the
joy, the pain, the adventures, and the self-discovery. He has shown me
how to let go of so many things... to just be with whatever life
brings and not to fight it. To let go of the past, to let go of holding onto a future that no one can promise and to make the most out of right now.. this very breath. I cannot thank him enough for taking the journey with me… for allowing me to be who I am and loving me through it all. He is a gift that I finally feel worthy of receiving.

I started a little online project a few days ago called Project 137.
It’s all about living for today and behaving as though Dec. 31, 2012
could be our last day on earth. What would we do different if that was
the case? Anyway, the assignment yesterday was to think of someone
that we love dearly and make a list of reasons why we love them. Of
course my boys came up first and I have written their lists as well,
but with the anniversary of our meeting so close I chose to do the
same with Che. Here is what poured out of my heart.


He accepts me just as I am.
He sacrifices daily for his kids.
He sends me “love you baby” texts throughout the day whenever he is
thinking of me.
He is an artist.. always pushing the limits to create what his mind invents.
He loves music and has a way of finding the perfect lyrics.
His eyes.. the way they pierce into my own and look at the deepest part of me.
He sees and hears more than my words can express.
He is almost always calm and collected.
He lets go of the little things that tie other people in knots.
He doesn’t care about my past and loves me for who I am now.
He writes me stories.
He is all about sacrifice and would give up anything to give his boys
what they need.
He understands and shares my compulsion for photography.
He shares my belief in inner personalities and takes care of his own.
He works hard to improve himself but knows to how to enjoy life as he is now.
He makes me laugh.
He is incredibly sexy.
He is talented in so many ways but humble.
He sees beauty everywhere and has a gift of sharing it with people.
He knows how I tick and loves to make me feel good.
He allows himself to receive from me even though it goes against his nature.
He is patient.
He works hard to not be your “average guy”
He takes the hard road in order to be a better man.
He knows how to play.
He loosens me up when I am way too serious.
He loves nature and shares my belief in the power of the earth to
comfort and heal.
And lastly
Because my heart feels safe in his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment