August 20, 2012

Half Marathon



I started training for the Route 66 half marathon two weeks ago.
I’m a bit nervous but I know I can do it.
My goal is to finish, plain and simple.
I’d love it if I could pull off running the entire thing,
but I’m being realistic and setting a goal I know I can achieve.

Last night I met the first of many upcoming training goals….
7 miles straight running.
I was slow,
but I felt great,
especially after hiking with Che
for 4 miles earlier in the day.

The best part was retracing my steps over the section
of the creek running trail that I first learned to run on.
I remembered starting out
with my Couch to 5k program,
run 30 seconds, walk 2 minutes…
It reminded me how far I’ve come
and how calm and peaceful I feel
being strong in my body now.

Good times indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment