July 11, 2012

Summer Adventures and Some Fireworks

It's been a busy few days around here. Good busy. Fun busy. 
As in "I'm in a really good place" busy... and I love it. 

Last week I spent a ton of time outside..

hiking along the Cimarron river
running down riverside
walking through the streets of Mounds with my guy
swimming in a friend's pool
climbing through trees in Bartlesville
and finding lost/forgotten objects in the woods of Sand Springs











It's been crazy hot, but I still can't seem to get enough time outside. The freedom of exploring and moving in the sun has become my daily meditation. It grounds me and gives me energy like nothing else.

It was also really nice having a break in the middle of the week to celebrate the 4th of July. I headed over to Justin's place around dusk to shoot off fireworks with the boys. The old neighborhood held true to it's reputation and put on a show like always. It was really really nice being able to hang out all together without anyone feeling awkward or out of place. I feel blessed to have such a good relationship with Justin and Stephanie and even little Mary. In fact that night she came up and snuggled right next to me in the grass. She told me that I was like an extra mom to her and she was happy I was in her life. Who would have ever guessed that we would end up in this place? Not me, but I am thankful beyond words. 









 


No comments:

Post a Comment