July 19, 2012

Quietness

Yesterday my higher self and I were having a conversation. I was pleading for answers, for relief from the internal storm.

She told me a few things that didn't make any sense and then said to read a certain page of a Rumi book. What I found made me want to kick my heels into the dirt and scream "no!"

I am sitting with it like a sculpture that I must circle and study from every angle before I can fully understand it.

One thing is sure.. It's about letting go of what was to make room for what can be.

Quietness

Inside this new love, die.
Your way begins on the other side.
Become the sky.
Take an axe to the prison wall.
Escape.
Walk out like someone suddenly born into color.
Do it now.
You're covered with thick clouds.
Slide out the side.
Die, and be quiet. Quietness is the surest sign
that you've died.
Your old life was a frantic running
from silence.

The speechless full moon
comes out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment