January 7, 2010

Why Poppies?


photo by Auntie P at flickr


I have always been drawn to and identified with them.
Especially red poppies.
I have a red car, a red coat, and way too many red t-shirts.
I recently read about how to grow poppies.
They can be tricky to grow in the early stages.
The seedlings need a ton of sun, warmth and moisture to sprout.
They need delicate handling.
However, once they are established,
they can re-seed themselves and
produce flowers year after year.

I guess you could say
I am cultivating my inner seedlings
so that I can become the
strong & beautiful woman
I want to be.

And just like poppies
I can not do this on my own.
I rely on a power higher than myself
to give me strength, perspective, truth
and nurturing on this journey.
For me, the sun has always been
a perfect physical analogy
of that power.



No comments:

Post a Comment