November 5, 2014

Audio book report

So I downloaded a new audible book last night. I have always loved Amy Poehler on SNL and Parks and Rec.

This morning I listened to the first part of her book on the morning commute. 

She's funny as usual but what I love most is her honest look at creativity. 

The key to creative success is to simply "do the thing" you want to do.
Talking about something is not the thing. The doing is the thing. The way you do the thing, is you just have to do the thing."

Oh I feel this these days. I've been teetering on burnout and trying to keep my spirit afloat through the shifting seasons and growing to do list. 

I know in the end there really is no safe ground where life feels awesome every single day. I do know that when I show up as I am with honesty and grace, things keep moving and growing like I want. Even on hard days there are bright moments and ridiculously funny moments. I'm thankful for that.

Here's to showing up as you and doing the best you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment