October 16, 2013

Marching Forward



Why does the sound of a heartbeat bring peace?

I find myself in the quiet of my home missing that sound the most. Whether it be the memory of the small thump thump  as one of the boys curled up close for a hug or the memory of laying my head on Che's chest. 

Both memories bring me peace.

The tiny tiny child inside of me is quite sad tonight. She longs for that sound. That memory of being held close and comforted. It honestly is something she did not receive enough of. 

I take a warm bath to comfort her. To feel contact on our skin. I sink my ears below the water and can hear my own percussion of life steadily marching on. I am the mother now, I am the comforter, I am the strong one.

 Love is my guide and it shines light on the path. Keep marching.. One foot in front of the other. Time will make this easier. You will not always march alone. But you are strong enough to do so now. Follow the beat inside... Steady and true. It never stops working for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment