July 13, 2013

Sirens




Feeling the sirens today. They call to me in the waves of discomfort. Familiar longings for connection that seems just out of reach and overwhelm at being a single parent.

"Something is wrong. I know it. You are a fool to trust."

"Joy is not yours to be had"

"Come back. We miss you in the depths"

"Revivals of spirit never last long"

I listen to them and greet them where they are. Blow them a kiss and tell them they are welcome to come play in the light.

Sinking into the strength of the turquoise lily pad, I point my face to the sun once again. Arms reaching playfully overhead with an arched back like a flower leaning towards its life source.

And in this place of connection with love, new words rise that are still difficult to hear, but feel wise and truthful.

"Don't confuse intensity with intimacy"

"If you don't ground yourself daily you will not have peace and joy. Make room for it"

"Stop looking outside yourself for happiness."

The path is bumpy but I can do this. I trust this wisdom.

Thank you God for your patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment