June 14, 2013

The Power of a Smile

The power of a smile is incredible.

Today as I walked into the office I passed a group of people walking the other direction.

One of the men looked at me, saw the sadness on my face and gave me the biggest smile. His face lit up and his eyes seemed to say "chin up, it's a beautiful day". I see smiles from men often. But I can usually sense a different motivation for their attention. This was just pure joy he was emitting.

I immediately thought of the lesson the universe, God, whatever I'm calling it these days, has been trying to teach me. A few weeks ago I got a message from that higher place that said "when you can't see hope, when you've lost faith, look for the smiles and smile yourself. Smiling is having faith and hope that the light always wins over the dark. It's courageous to smile"

As I walked past the man this morning I wondered if God himself had jumped into his body and put that smile on his face. 

It's a simple thing but I'm choosing to see it as a sign that something good out there really does have my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment