June 16, 2014

Around Here - June edition

Here's what's happening in our little world...

Celebrating: Yesterday we celebrated Father’s Day. I made yummy breakfast burritos with home fries and we enjoyed a family breakfast around the table. I am happy that the boys were able to celebrate at both of their homes yesterday. We have recently changed our custody schedule, so the boys were able to be with their dad in the afternoon and evening.


Hiking: We enjoyed a beautiful hike at Turkey Mountain Saturday afternoon. All of the rain lately has made everything so green! The boys and I did the 1.5 mile hike and I noticed with gratitude the difference in both boys ability. We found a turtle, several hawks and butterflies and a snake on the trail. Good times!


Playing – ALL of the boys in my home have taken up wheeled sports. Dylan, che and Ro spent most evenings skating on the neighborhood streets. And I often find Hayden riding in circles in the garage on his scooter. His latest trick involves big circles with only one hand and foot – FIVE times in a row! Hayden also learned to ride his bike on his own a few weeks ago. I love how we are all getting outside and playing.


Creating – I am deep in website building for Poppy’s Playhouse. Lots of deep breaths and letting go as well. Building this business from scratch is opening up all kinds of opportunities to work on my limiting beliefs. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to learn this stuff and play while I’m doing it. The first party was a blast and I'm looking forward to so many more.


Reading - Conscious Loving is still my book of choice these days. I take it in like bites of cheesecake – rich stuff that deserves to be savored. And slowly but surely I am putting into practice the advice that it offers and seeing rich results.

Practicing – Love everyone and Tell the Truth – this way of being is a direct result of the behaviors I’m practicing from Conscious Loving. It sounds so simple but requires a tremendous amount of vulnerability, courage and TRUST. It is changing my life in the best way possible.


Watching22 Jump Street – we took in this movie last night with che and his boys. It is so wrong and hilarious in that really ridiculous and crude way. But I was doubled over laughing and that is always always an awesome thing!

Listening - She & Him – volume one – Che found this album awhile back and I love it. We listen to it often when we work in the art room together.


Eating – quinoa – trying lots of different recipes with it. I’m the only one in the house that likes it, but that’s perfectly fine with me. Just means I don’t have to share.


Buying – a riding mower – I really need a bubba gump hat and a plaid shirt to go with it.

Enjoying – drives on the back road with the windows down and the music up. Love that summer breeze in my hair and holding my hand out the window. Hell yes to Summer!


Training – it is Tulsa Run time again. Courtney and I have started our almost daily lunch runs. I can’t decide if we are providing therapy for our hearts or our bodies. But I sure love that hour of sunshine each day.


Thanks for catching up with me friends. Much love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment