December 18, 2013

Painting my journey


So much is happening over here. It is difficult to wrap words around the shifts and major life decisions that I am making each day.

Grief, Peace, Bravery and Joy

The past six months have changed me forever.

I have learned how to root my spirit deeply.

I have learned how to listen and follow my heart

Sometimes the wake of that following leaves a fiery trail.

I have had to make difficult choices

But I have learned how to hold on to the love even if I have had to say goodbye

I have formed new habits

Dug deep grounded roots into the essence of who I am

I have found that still place and the wide open sky inside

I found freedom and commitment and the dance between the two

Painting has become my practice and teacher

I gifted myself the experience of learning from a woman who’s paintings and life inspire me deeply

Her painting course was more than techniques and processes for canvas and paint

It opened my eyes to the beauty of the creative process and how it is such an allegory for the journey of life

Grounding before creating

Listening deeply and following the tiny urges – go left – go right – big strokes – tiny details

Play and Let go of Creating a Set Outcome

Get Out of Your Own Way

Variation – change it up – try new things

Let it go – don’t hold things so preciously that you lose freedom to follow your intuition

Step back and be Grateful for this very breath

Love it all even if it is in the ugly teenage stage

Spiral In

Spiral Out

Hold the brush loose

If you don’t like something, choose again. You can always add another layer

But let the parts you do love shine through

Work with what’s working and do more of what you like instead of focusing on the parts you don’t like

Make bold commitments by following your heart/gut

It’s never too late to make a bold move – we get to choose and choose again

Life is an intuitive dance in each present moment.

Like painting… Each stroke, Each moment has its own story to tell.

Change is inevitable

Flowing with it brings peace

Resistance brings suffering

Painting has become the prayer to teach me the process

 

This past week abundance showed up in many forms in my life. It was what I had been asking for. And we all know the saying, be careful what you ask for. The realization that with abundance comes hard choices had never really occurred to me.. at least not at this level. Options that all call to me, each in their own beautiful way.

I have learned to simply follow my heart in each moment to make those choices. I have chosen and chosen and chosen again.

And now, I have stepped up and made a brave and bold choice to choose commitment again.

I believe I had to go on this journey to be able to stand on my own two feet and be steady in that commitment. I feel ready and eager for the journey ahead.

My heart is grateful for all of the love that came knocking and I’m grateful that I get to open the door and let it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment