May 14, 2013

Gentle Shift



























A new wind is blowing through my spirit

Feminine and gentle

Less rushed

Allowing and Relaxing into the tides of change

It feels soft and gentle...Like the nurturing I have craved for so long

When sadness swells in my chest, I take a moment

And feel it deeply, all of it

Poppy and I snuggle up close and I whisper “I love you” in her ear

I stroke her hair and wipe her tears

She looks at me and between sobs says “You’re not enough. I want them. Not you.”

I tell her I love her anyway and rock her gently.

Some days the sadness stays with us and that’s ok.

The father in me knows how to put one foot in front of the other

Has enough courage and will to outlast the best of us

And now the mother in me is waking up.

She knows the tender way through.

Her strength lies in presence and awareness

Ironic that she was awakened by a man

A man unlike any I’ve ever known

Who whispered “relax” in my ear

And showed me pleasure and nurturing like I’ve never experienced.

He stays by my side in these sad moments

Without a word

But with an open heart and a love so strong it defies logic

And shows me the path to my own gentle strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment